Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers
Date: 2008-11-03 03:19:11
Lists: pgsql-www

"Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Can we make these links actually edit just the subsection? If not,
>> can we get rid of them?

> We can make them work for the subsections, at some cost in
> user-friendliness. One option would be to use substitution for the
> subsection templates (the same trick we use with CommitFestBlank).
> The subsections wouldn't be quite so easy to alter and move around as
> they are now, but the edit links will work as expected.

Hm, what does "not quite so easy" mean? I certainly think that one of
the main advantages of the whole wiki-page approach is the ease of
reclassifying things. However, it would make sense to me that you need
to edit the whole page not a subsection if you want to fool with the
section structure. Is that what you're saying, or would there be
additional magic involved?