Transition from MS-SQL - Store Procedures?

From: services-google(at)markpennell(dot)com (Mark E(dot) Pennell)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transition from MS-SQL - Store Procedures?
Date: 2001-09-14 21:06:13
Lists: pgsql-general

I am transitioning from MS-SQL to Postgresql. In
evaluting how to bring over MS-SQL Stored Procedures,
I have looked at the CREATE FUNCTION capability of pg.

I have a few questions

(A) does pg support IF/THEN/ELSE logic in the
created functions? I have not seen it anywhere.

(B) does pg support anything like @@ERROR? For instance,
I want the next sql line in the function to be
different depending of the result of the last.

Any tips are appreciated.