Book recommendations

From: "Mikel Lindsaar" <raasdnil(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Book recommendations
Date: 2008-03-23 09:00:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

SELECT book.title, book.author, book.feedback
FROM postgresql_admin_community
JOIN books ON book.subject ILIKE '%postgres%'
JOIN readings ON readings.reader_id = postgresql_admin_community.id
WHERE
postgres_admin_community.user_experience_level = 'I have spent years
around databases, but never really 'in' them. I could write SQL if I
had to, I set up my fair share of simple DBs that backed website
content management systems and the like. I also spent about a year a
university going through basic relational DB design and theory so I
have a fairly solid grounding in keying, indices, relationships etc.

All of my exposure to databases up until a few months ago was MySQL,
then SqlServer. Now that I have a fairly serious postgresql
installation happening, I am finding myself fairly deep and looking at
non trivial issues like seriously playing with the explain analyze
command, working out the best configs and making sure the backups work
and are regular.

I have done this so far by reading a lot of the Postgres manual and
every website I can find, and the system is working quite well for
now. But I want to take the next step.'
LIMIT 10
ORDER BY book.popularity

Regards