Re: 8.4 open items list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.4 open items list
Date: 2009-03-27 18:06:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> And Magnus fixed this one:
> * Path separator consistency on Windows

Uh, no, that's still an open issue. Magnus put up a proposed patch that
I didn't like. I think it's arguable that we should be going the other
way: convert backslashes to slashes. Magnus's patch is the first step
towards trying to make the Windows port uniformly work with backslashes,
which is going to be an enormous mess and not worth the trouble IMHO.