Re: XML Support related questions

From: "Brijesh Shrivastav" <Bshrivastav(at)esri(dot)com>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: XML Support related questions
Date: 2008-05-27 15:36:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Peter for your responses. I will try constraint for # 1 but I
think it
probably will still make sense to include that as part of XML column
definition.
I assume the default xml data type is of CONTENT type.

For #4 I was looking to be able to index some or all of the tags in the
xml document. Most of our applications query very few tags in a Xml
document
and a smaller index on few tags will help with query performance.

Any guess on timeframe for #2, #3 and #4?

Thanks,
Brijesh