Inline Function documentation

From: "Brijesh Shrivastav" <Bshrivastav(at)esri(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Inline Function documentation
Date: 2007-09-18 15:28:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi! All,

I have come cross many posting that talks about INLINE FUNCTION and
their utility in helping optimizer decide the right plan. However, other
than few posting in different forums I haven't been able to get my hands
on any sort of documentation that explains which function can be converted
to an INLINE function. I understand it has to be a simple function and
inline_function in backend\optimizer\util\clauses.c gave me some
more pointers but I was wondering if there is more comprehensive
documentation available anywhere.

Thanks,
Brijesh