Re: [HACKERS] minor bug...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] minor bug...
Date: 2000-02-09 16:05:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com> writes:
> ... there's no real reason not to support indexes on booleans, is
> there?

Not that I can see. Care to whip up the index support? I think the
only actual new code needed is a three-way-compare function (return -1,
0, or +1 according as a < b, a = b, a > b). Then you need to make up
the appropriate rows in pg_amop and related tables. See the "xindex"
chapter of the documentation.

(It occurs to me that performance would probably suck, however, because
btree doesn't handle lots of equal keys very efficiently. Fixing that
is on the TODO list...)