Re: CDC feature request

From: Álvaro Hernández <aht(at)ongres(dot)com>
To: Stepan Yankevych <Stepan_Yankevych(at)epam(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CDC feature request
Date: 2021-03-18 13:37:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 18/3/21 14:03, Stepan Yankevych wrote:

> Hi All!
>

> Hopefully I’m using correct mail list
>
> If not please show me right direction 😊
>

> I’m quite struggling without native Change Data Capture feature in
> PostgreSQL.
>

> That would be great to implement it, possibly in not so complicated way.
>

> Can Logical replication be a little be modified or reused to do not
> replicate data into destination table as is but to insert each change
> into “change table” (like in oracle 11 CDC)?
>
> That change table should have at lease few additional columns
>
> * Operation (I/D/U)
> * txid
> * Commit_time_stamp
>

> Thanks!
>

> *Stepan Yankevych*

    Hi Stepan.

    I would recommend you to check https://debezium.io/, it stores every
change in Kafka with detailed metadata, and you can later transform
and/or inject it into any destination, with great level of flexibility,
using any of the database connectors available.

    Álvaro

--

Alvaro Hernandez

OnGres