replication in Postgres

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: replication in Postgres
Date: 2007-11-25 22:18:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi people,

Does anyone here have replication setup? We're intending to move onto
Postgres and I'm looking into the replication methods available to
us.

We intend to have a master and slave on site and another slave at our
second site down a 10Mb line.

So far the only methods I see would be usable for us are Slony I and
WAL log shipping.

Does anyone here have a similar setup or any recommendations?

From what I can see schema changes and operations like truncate table
are not supported in Slony I, whereas they'd all propagate through
using WAL logs?

Ideally we want to be able to use our on site slave for reporting (it
doesn't matter if the data is a little stale - say a few minutes) and
our nightly backups, and the off site slave for disaster recovery.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/