Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Date: 2016-05-18 06:08:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 17/05/2016 20:38, Guyren Howe wrote:
> On May 17, 2016, at 2:22 , Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> wrote:
>> Sorry if I missed something but what's wrong with pgadmin3 ?
> Apart from it's awful, clunky, bug-ridden and crash prone, nothing.

There is a solution for that : either find the bugs and submit patches or pay the developers to fix the bugs or make you a custom version
or go buy some other tool, or write your own or live with psql (like most people do).
In the occasions (once/twice a week) that I needed pgadmin during my last 16 years with postgresql, it delivered just fine.
Some guys here use some better tools to access pgsql but they all cost money. I have paid for RazorSQL for accessing our MS SQL server,
then felt lucky I was accessing pgsql via psql (or even pgqdmin3) all those years.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead