Re: pgindent fixups

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgindent fixups
Date: 2016-05-03 13:25:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/02/2016 10:56 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I spent some time going through the output of a trial pgindent run
> today. Some questions/problems:
>
> 1. Is pgindent supposed to touch DATA() lines? Because it does.

Apart from being detabbed/entabbed, no. pgindent protects (or tries to
protect) DATA and CATALOG lines by enclosng them in comments which it
later removes.

> 2. CustomPathMethods is not in the buildfarm's typedefs.list. Why not?

Because it's not used anywhere. typdefs get into the list by being used
and thus having a typedef symbol in the compiled binary. Just creating a
typedef isn't enough. This has happened before.

You can get some insight into how the typedefs list is generated by
looking here:
<http://adpgtech.blogspot.com/2015/05/running-pgindent-on-non-core-code-or.html>

cheers

andrew