Re: Docbook 5.x

From: Alexander Law <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Docbook 5.x
Date: 2016-04-20 15:59:05
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello Jürgen,

Please look at the discussion that we had some time ago:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56337365.2080104@postgrespro.ru

And we (postgrespro) still have plans to migrate to XML as soon as we
get documentation translated.
We had no issues with SGML->XML conversion, "make postgres.xml" creates
XML (with entities and alike), which we use.

When you talking about "conversion of html, fo, pdf, ..." do you mean
using docs/sgml/Makefile or some other scripts?

As to conversion SGML to XML, we need to decide whether to generate a
single XML, or a set of XMLs (corresponding to current SGMLs).
In the latter case - how to include XML-fragments into the main document
(as entities or with xi:include)?

Please, can you explain what are "Docbooks xslt-migration scripts"?
Is Docbook 4.x incompatible with Docbook 5.x and we need to convert it
additionally?

Best regards,
Alexander

-----