Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date: 2016-04-08 11:15:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
> wrote:

>> Not out of the woods yet. Attached is what I got from VS2015 on a fresh W10
>> VM, with Michael's patch 0002 and 0004 applied.
>
> Interesting, I have no idea what we are doing differently, and seeing
> those errors it seems to me that Petr and I are actually getting it
> wrong for some reason, because GetLocaleInfoEx should need a direct
> declaration of windows.h. And similarly to some of the other files in
> src/port I think that we should have it. Do you still get failures if
> you add the following thing at the top of chklocale.c?
>
> #if defined(WIN32) && (_MSC_VER >= 1900)
> #include "windows.h"
> #endif
>
> Looking at the docs
> (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd318103%28v=vs.85%29.aspx),
> winnls.h would be enough, but I'd rather be consistent with the
> approach taken by the other files.

GetLocaleInfoEx() is covered by #if (WINVER >= 0x0600), we define
_WIN32_WINNT as 0x0501 (src/include/port/win32.h) and WINVER inherits
that value.

Michael, none of your patches change this, so how does it ever build on
your system?

MSDN also says this about the function: "Header: winnls.h (include
windows.h)"; so there's probably something else needed to make it work
that is not in <winnls.h> alone.

--
Christian