Re: pgsql: Phrase full text search.

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Phrase full text search.
Date: 2016-04-08 08:58:46
Lists: pgsql-committers

>> Phrase full text search.
>
> Hasn't this patch broken on-disk compatibility of type tsquery by
> renumbering the values of QueryOperator.operator? I'm looking at
> the patch delta in ts_type.h.

Distance field is placed exactly in hole between two uint8_t fields and uint32_t
field, as I known any known platform which we support uses 4-byte aligment for
int32 type. Am I wrong? If yes then I will move distance to the end of struct.
QueryOpertor struct isn't used directly to store to disk, it's used in union
QueryItem.
sizeof(QueryItem) = 12
sizeof(QueryOperator) = 8, so we can add distance to the end without growning
size of QueryItem.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/