Distinct tightly coupled with Agg

From: Ankit Kumar Pandey <itsankitkp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pghackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Distinct tightly coupled with Agg
Date: 2022-11-15 18:47:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I am looking at todo item (#1) /Implement DISTINCT clause in window
aggregates/ and while looking at code, I found distinct tightly coupled
with Agg function. Looking at another todo item(#2) /Do we really need
so much duplicated code between Agg and WindowAgg/?  I was wondering
what is general stance on this? Is #2 per-requisite for #1?

If that is not case, I assume making distinct a standalone piece should
be an option too?

Would be glad if someone should shed light on this. Thanks.

Regards,
Ankit