Please correct/improve wiki page about abbreviated keys bug

From: Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Please correct/improve wiki page about abbreviated keys bug
Date: 2016-03-30 00:31:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

For Thursday's release, I've added a wiki page to give users more
information about the strxfrm() issue, especially since we're going to
ask them to do a bunch of REINDEXing.

Please help me improve this. Particularly, I need help on the following:

* is my explanation of the issue correct?
* how does this affect non-Linux platforms? Windows?
* can someone write a search query for columns with indexes in non-C
collation?

Thanks!

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Abbreviatedkeys_issue

(if you have editing rights, please just edit the wiki page instead of
commenting here)

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)