Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sync tzload() and tzparse() APIs with IANA release tzcode2016c.
Date: 2016-03-29 07:03:09
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

* Tom Lane wrote:

> Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net> writes:

>> zic aborts somewhere between writing Etc/UTC and UTC.
>
> Huh ... I would not have guessed that. Can you track down exactly
> where it's failing?

I'd love to, but with 656ee84 I cannot reproduce on my Windows 10
system. I can try on the animals where it actually failed, but now that
there's a fix, that won't be necessary, right?

> We absorbed some new code in zic.c for creating subdirectories of the
> target timezone directory, and said code seemed a bit odd to me,
> but I supposed that the IANA guys had debugged it already. Maybe not.
> Or maybe the problem is with some specific input file that gets
> reached somewhere in that range?

My first guess was that it stumbles over the two-character directory
name, but according to Michael Paquier's fix, that guess was wrong.

--
Christian