SQL access to access method details

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL access to access method details
Date: 2016-03-28 20:02:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While working on a tool to capture catalog/stats info and looking at
cross version compatibility, I noticed that the pg_am changes removed
SQL access to a bunch of AM info. [1] indicates that's part of the
purpose of the patch; are we sure no tools are using this info? Unlike
previous catalog compatibility breaks, this one completely removes that
information, so if someone was using it they're now completely hosed.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/55FEC1AB.8010406@2ndquadrant.com