Re: Snow Leopard and PG 8.4 problems....

From: Jerry LeVan <Jerry(dot)Levan(at)EKU(dot)EDU>
To: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Snow Leopard and PG 8.4 problems....
Date: 2009-08-29 19:52:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Aug 29, 2009, at 2:40 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

> for superusers only
>
> dblink-connect takes a libpq style connection string with hostaddr
> as first attribute
>
> dblink("hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port=5432 dbname=mydb user=postgres
> password=mypasswd");
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html
> Martin Gainty

I have been able to use just the ip in the host field but Snow Leopard
seems to have
broken using a 'name' in the host field... see below.

It appears that compiling pg 8.4 gives rise to libs with architecture
of x386_64...
What sort of magic do I have to use to get a 32 bit version of the
various libs ?
( I don't seem to be able to find where in the make file I can ask the
linker to
add the various archs, but I am getting bleary eyed.)

I don't seem to be able to compile python support against the apple
2.6 or the macpython
2.5 versions (of python).

Has anyone built a Snow Leopard version of pg with python support?
Am I the only one to have problems with dblink on Snow Leopard?

( the fedora 11 rpms work fine...)

Jerry