Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Date: 2016-03-18 16:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I also wonder whether the patch should add explanation of OR-clauses
> handling into the READMEs in src/backend/access/*
Not yet, but will

> The patch would probably benefit from transforming it into a patch
> series - one patch for the infrastructure shared by all the indexes,
> then one patch per index type. That should make it easier to review, and
> I seriously doubt we'd want to commit this in one huge chunk anyway.
I splitted to two:
1 0001-idx_or_core - only planner and executor changes
2 0002-idx_or_indexes - BRIN/GIN/GiST changes with tests

I don't think that splitting of second patch adds readability but increase
management diffculties, but if your insist I will split.

> 4) scanGetItem is a prime example of the "badly needs comments" issue,
> particularly because the previous version of the function actually had
> quite a lot of them while the new function has none.
added

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-idx_or_core-v4.patch.gz application/x-gzip 8.3 KB
0002-idx_or_indexes-v4.patch.gz application/x-gzip 13.1 KB