Re: eXtensible Transaction Manager API (v2)

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: eXtensible Transaction Manager API (v2)
Date: 2016-03-11 18:11:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/10/16 12:50 PM, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:

> PostgresProffesional cluster teams wants to propose new version of
> eXtensible Transaction Manager API.
> Previous discussion concerning this patch can be found here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/F2766B97-555D-424F-B29F-E0CA0F6D1D74@postgrespro.ru

I see a lot of discussion on this thread but little in the way of consensus.

> The API patch itself is small enough, but we think that it will be
> strange to provide just API without examples of its usage.

It's not all that small, though it does apply cleanly even after a few
months. At least that indicates there is not a lot of churn in this area.

I'm concerned about the lack of response or reviewers for this patch.
It may be because everyone believes they had their say on the original
thread, or because it seems like a big change to go into the last CF, or
for other reasons altogether.

I think you should try to make it clear why this patch would be a win
for 9.6.

Is anyone willing to volunteer a review or make an argument for the
importance of this patch?

--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net