Re: Tsvector editing functions

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tsvector editing functions
Date: 2016-03-10 17:29:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Thanks! Fixed and added tests.
Thank you!

I did some patch cleanup/fix, but I have some doubt with function's names:

1 to_tsvector:
# \df to_tsvector
List of functions
Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
------------+-------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | regconfig, text | normal
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | text | normal
pg_catalog | to_tsvector | tsvector | text[] | normal

First two variants of to_tsvector make a morphological processing, last one doesn't.

2 to_array
# \df *to_array
List of functions
Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types |
Type
------------+-----------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
pg_catalog | regexp_split_to_array | text[] | text, text |
normal
pg_catalog | regexp_split_to_array | text[] | text, text, text |
normal
pg_catalog | string_to_array | text[] | text, text |
normal
pg_catalog | string_to_array | text[] | text, text, text |
normal
pg_catalog | to_array | text[] | tsvector |
normal

Seems, to_array is not a right name compared to other *to_array.

I would like to suggest rename both functions to array_to_tsvector and
tsvector_to_array to have consistent name. Later we could add
to_tsvector([regconfig, ], text[]) with morphological processing.

Thoughts?

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
tsvector_ops-v5.diff text/x-patch 38.0 KB