Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date: 2016-03-08 17:05:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On 03/07/2016 10:24 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
>> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
>> [mailto:pgsql-advocacy-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Adrian Klaver
>>
>> Though if you go to the actual list:
>> http://www.mysql.com/customers/embedded/
>>
>> There is at a rough count, 300.
>>
>> This points to the central dilemma, some of which is addressed below,
>> separating fact from fiction.
>
> It seems the "Embedded" category shows products which use MySQL internally. Other products/vendors, such as JasperSoft and Talend which "can be used with" MySQL, are probably list elsewhere. e.g. Talend lists MySQL in their ecosystem page:
>
> https://jp.talend.com/ecosystem/company/mysql
>
> The 2,000 ISV/OEM/VARs Oracle touts should be found in the "MySQL specialization" section of Oracle Partner Network (OPN) site, though I couldn't access. I wonder if and where I can get the partner/product listing for Oracle Database. That's what I want.

Do you really want to track down every single use site/application that
uses MySQL?

Would it not be better to work from the other end, ask people what
applications they want to use with Postgres and then compile a list of
those are supported or not? Basically the first part of your previous post.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com