Re: Re: "missing chunk number XX for toast value YY in pg_toast ..." after pg_basebackup.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: fredrik(at)huitfeldt(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: "missing chunk number XX for toast value YY in pg_toast ..." after pg_basebackup.
Date: 2016-03-07 15:35:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On 03/06/2016 10:18 PM, fredrik(at)huitfeldt(dot)com wrote:
> HI All,
>
> i would really appreciate any help I can get on this issue.
>
> basically, a pg_basebackup + streaming attach, led to a database that we
> could not read from afterwards.

From original post:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1456919678340.31300.116900@webmail2

"The issue remained until we ran a full vacuum analyze on the cluster."

Which cluster was that, the master or the slave?

"I have logfiles from the incident, but I cannot see anything out of the
ordinary (despite having a fair amount of experience investigating
postgresql logs)."

Can we see the section before and after ERROR?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com