Re: PostgreSQL Auditing

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Curtis Ruck <curtis(dot)ruck+pgsql(dot)hackers(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>, José Luis Tallón <jltallon(at)adv-solutions(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Auditing
Date: 2016-02-03 08:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02/02/2016 07:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Curtis Ruck
> <curtis(dot)ruck+pgsql(dot)hackers(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Additionally Robert, given your professional status, you are by no means an
>> unbiased contributor in this discussion. Your stance on this matter shows
>> that you don't necessarily want the open source solution to succeed in the
>> commercial/compliance required space. Instead of arguing blankly against
>> inclusion can you at least provide actionable based feedback that if met
>> would allow patches of this magnitude in?

I am *the* first person to criticise EDB. There isn't a person in EDB
that would find that surprising.

That said, Robert, Dave, and all the other contributors that work for
EDB are stand up people. They deserve our respect. Period.

I appreciate the thought process here but if you want any kind of
legitimacy in this community I suggest you do your homework.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/
+1-503-667-4564