Copy-pasto in the ExecForeignDelete documentation

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Copy-pasto in the ExecForeignDelete documentation
Date: 2016-02-01 10:26:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While working on FDW DML pushdown, I ran into a copy-pasto in the
ExecForeignDelete documentation in fdwhandler.sgml:

The data in the returned slot is used only if the <command>DELETE</>
query has a <literal>RETURNING</> clause or the foreign table has
an <literal>AFTER ROW</> trigger. Triggers require all columns,
but the

I don't think the data is referenced by the AFTER ROW DELETE triggers.
Attached is a patch to fix that. The patch also avoids adding an
unnecessary RETURNING clause to DELETE when deparsing a remote DELETE
statement in postgres_fdw.

I'll add this to the next CF.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment Content-Type Size
ExecForeignDelete.patch application/x-patch 1.8 KB