Implementing a new Scripting Language

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Implementing a new Scripting Language
Date: 2016-01-27 16:27:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

We have an open source scripting engine named Lucee that is used
primarily for web application -- https://github.com/lucee/Lucee -- it is
written in Java and is usually run as a servlet, but can be accessed in
other ways (like JSR-223).

You can think of the language as a combination of PHP and Javascript,
albeit much simpler and more intuitive IMHO.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to implement a Postgres
extension that will act as a wrapper around it and will allow to write
functions in that language?

I am a Java developer myself and have a very limited knowledge of C/C++,
but if someone can point me in the right direction of whatever
documentation there is on the subject -- that would be great.

Thanks,

--

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer