Re: CoC [Final v2]

From: S McGraw <smcg4191(at)mtneva(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date: 2016-01-24 15:52:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 01/24/2016 07:53 AM, FarjadFarid(ChkNet) wrote:
> I do agree with Dave on the points he has made. Can we please add
> these so everyone is happy and finalise the CoC?
>
>> From: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of David E. Wheeler Sent: 24 January 2016 00:01
>> We need to also cover abuse by members of the community made
>> outside the community. Otherwise we’ll appear to give safe harbor
>> to abusers. [...]

As I wrote previously, not "everybody" is happy with that proposal.
My opinions and what I do outside the Postgresql community is not
and should not be an issue for the Postgresql community to act on
within the Postgresql community.

The result of failing to provide this basic protection for individual
free speech can be seen in the McCarthyism in the 1950's in the US [*]
With all the open source projects that need help, it would be hard for
me to want to help ones that promote a return to that kind of vicious
and harmful philosophy, no matter which end of the political spectrum
it occurs at.

[*] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism