9.5 new features

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.5 new features
Date: 2016-01-22 20:49:42
Lists: pgsql-general

(sorry to interrupt the discussion on CoC's and social justice, but...)

one of my coworkers says he thought that 9.5 has some enhancements in
partitioning, but looking at the release notes I don't see anything
specific ? do BRIN's play into partitioned tables ?

in our case, we partition very large 'event' tables by week with 6 month
retention....