Re: Minor code improvements to create_foreignscan_plan/ExecInitForeignScan

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Minor code improvements to create_foreignscan_plan/ExecInitForeignScan
Date: 2016-01-19 06:45:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016/01/15 19:00, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> On 2016/01/12 18:00, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
>> On 2016/01/12 2:36, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> I wonder,

>>> Would it make sense to call pull_varattnos(reltargetlist), then walk the
>>> bitmapset and break if we see a system column, then call
>>> pull_varattnos() on the rinfo->clause? That way, if the targetlist
>>> request a system column we don't have to walk the RestrictInfos.

>> Seems like a good idea. Will update the patch.

> Done. Attached is an updated version of the patch.

On second thought, I noticed that detecting whether we see a system
column that way needs more cycles in cases where the reltargetlist and
the restriction clauses don't contain any system columns. ISTM that
such cases are rather common, so I'm inclined to keep that code as-is.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita