Re: count_nulls(VARIADIC "any")

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: count_nulls(VARIADIC "any")
Date: 2016-01-12 16:27:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/01/16 22:49, Jim Nasby wrote:
> In the unit test, I'd personally prefer just building a table with the
> test cases and the expected NULL/NOT NULL results, at least for all the
> calls that would fit that paradigm. That should significantly reduce the
> size of the test. Not a huge deal though...

I don't really see the point. "The size of the test" doesn't seem like
a worthwhile optimization target, unless the test scripts are somehow
really unnecessarily large.

Further, if you were developing code related to this, previously you
could just copy-paste the defective test case in order to easily
reproduce a problem. But now suddenly you need a ton of different setup.

I don't expect to really have a say in this, but I think the tests are
now worse than they were before.

.m