Re: COPY (... tab completion

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY (... tab completion
Date: 2016-01-11 01:01:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think this would be a useful addition. A couple of problems:

This change in the comment doesn't make sense to me and doesn't seem to
match the code:

- /* If we have COPY [BINARY] <sth>, complete it with "TO" or "FROM" */
+ /* If we have COPY|BINARY <sth>, complete it with "TO" or "FROM" */

The list of commands to allow as the "query" inside the parentheses is
documented to be: SELECT, VALUES, INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE; and actually
TABLE should also work. Your list doesn't include all of those. So
please adjust that.