Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

From: Artur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support
Date: 2016-01-09 17:42:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09.01.2016 05:38, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Artur Zakirov wrote:
>
>> Now almost all dictionaries are loaded into PostgreSQL. But the da_dk
>> dictionary does not load. I see the following error:
>>
>> ERROR: invalid regular expression: quantifier operand invalid
>> CONTEXT: line 439 of configuration file
>> "/home/artur/progs/pgsql/share/tsearch_data/da_dk.affix": "SFX 55 0 s
>> +GENITIV
>>
>> If you open the affix file in editor you can see that there is incorrect
>> format of the affix 55 in 439 line (screen1.png):
>
> [ another email ]
>
>> I also had implemented a patch that fixes an error from the e-mail
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/562E1073.8030805@postgrespro.ru
>> This patch just ignore that error.
> I think it's a bad idea to just ignore these syntax errors. This affix
> file is effectively corrupt, after all, so it seems a bad idea that we
> need to cope with it. I think it would be better to raise the error
> normally and instruct the user to fix the file; obviously it's better if
> the upstream provider of the file fixes it.
>
> Now, if there is proof somewhere that the file is correct, then the code
> must cope in some reasonable way. But in any case I don't think this
> change is acceptable ... it can only cause pain, in the long run.
This error is raised in Danish dictionary because of erroneous entry in
the .affix file. I sent a bug-report to developer. He fixed this bug.
Corrected dictionary can be downloaded from LibreOffice site.

I undo the changes and the error will be raised. I will update the patch
soon.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company