Graphic to visualize data flow between processes, buffers and files

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Graphic to visualize data flow between processes, buffers and files
Date: 2016-01-04 15:35:36
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-novice

Hi,

I wonder whether we should have a graphic showing an overview of the
main backend processes and their interaction with memory and files -
something like figure 15-1 of:
https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/CNCPT/process.htm. Or is there a
general policy to avoid graphics in our documentation - or an advice to
use a special format for graphics?

I append a very first draft, which reflects my rudimentary knowledge
about the topic.

Regards

Jürgen Purtz

Attachment Content-Type Size