Re: 9.5 BLOCKER: regrole and regnamespace and quotes

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.5 BLOCKER: regrole and regnamespace and quotes
Date: 2016-01-04 05:31:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/3/16 11:24 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Sorry, didn't realize you were on it.
> No worries. I know it's already late where you are.

And late where 9.5 is... ;)

> I would use != 1 instead here, even if the function is strict.

Yeah, I effectively pulled the pattern from DeconstructQualifiedName,
but != 1 is better.

> You forgot to update the regression test output. And actually on
Doh.

> second thoughts the tests you added do not actually bring much value
> because what is tested is just the behavior of
> stringToQualifiedNameList, and the other reg* are not tested that as

Seemed good to test what the original bug was, but sure.

> well. However I think that we had better test the failures of
> regnamespace and regrole when more than 1 element is parsed as this is
> a new particular code path. Attached is an updated patch which passes
> check-world in my environment.

Patch looks good to me. FWIW, RhodiumToad and macdice looked at my patch
as well and didn't see any problems you didn't mention.