PgAdmin Bugs & Issues

From: "Alex Girchenko" <gsmdib(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgAdmin Bugs & Issues
Date: 2006-11-17 18:24:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

The version is that comes with Postgres 8.2 beta3.
1. Under Windows it won't remember the location I've saved dump to.
Instead, I'll always see my home folder. That's quite an unhandy
thing. E.g. I save a dump to c:\dumps and at the next step want to
restore it. Consider it more logical to see c:\dumps in the dialog
window.
2. Dumps created under windows won't restore.
2.1 Dump (.backup) created from Ubuntu server running PostgreSQL
8.1.4 that is being restored to a PostgreSQL 8.2 under WinXP (UTF-8
both) would fail with
--
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2341; 0 16548 TABLE
DATA doc_type postgres

Runs flawlessly when restoring under Ubuntu with PgAdmin 1.4.3

2.2 The same dump restored on the same Ubuntu server with PgAdmin 1.6
would cause even more errors:
--
pg_restore: creating SEQUENCE OWNED BY price_types_archive_id_seq
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2506; 0 0 SEQUENCE
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: syntax
error at or near "OWNED"
LINE 1: ALTER SEQUENCE plugin_id_seq OWNED BY plugin.id;
^
Command was: ALTER SEQUENCE plugin_id_seq OWNED BY plugin.id;
pg_restore: executing SEQUENCE SET plugin_id_seq
pg_restore: creating SEQUENCE OWNED BY menu_tree_revision_id_seq
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2478; 0 0 SEQUENCE
OWNED BY menu_tree_revision_id_seq postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: syntax
error at or near "OWNED"
LINE 1: ALTER SEQUENCE menu_tree_revision_id_seq OWNED BY menu_tree_...
^
Command was: ALTER SEQUENCE menu_tree_revision_id_seq OWNED BY
menu_tree_revision.id;
pg_restore: executing SEQUENCE SET menu_tree_revision_id_seq
--
And the like.

3. Ctrl+A won't work work in the window that displays restoration log.

That's it, folks ;)