Re: Remove array_nulls?

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove array_nulls?
Date: 2015-12-19 01:13:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/18/15 11:44 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> >​Hand-waving from me but I see a "positive reason" being that someone wants
>> >to write and commit a patch that does not play nicely with the old
>> >behavior.
> Sure, that's also possible. But no such patch is on the table now.

Someone (Tom?) mentioned upthread that if we wanted to do cleanup it
should be more than just one GUC, and I agree with that, and I'm willing
to investigate when the current compat GUCs went in and create a patch
to remove the really old ones. My inclination would be to just do this
as part of 10.0. (And I agree with Robert's comments about parallel
being the most likely driver for bumping to 10.0).