Re: Feeds Integration

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Feeds Integration
Date: 2004-02-19 20:29:37
Lists: pgsql-www

> Here is an updated query. The URL had slipped my mind as one I
> build the URLs from knows practices on GBorg and the body is actually
> the full story. You'll note as well in the query below that I added in
> for getting the submitter of the news item.
>
> SELECT headline AS title,
>
> 'http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/'||project_name||'/news/
> newsfull.php?news_id='||news_id
> AS link, -- the fully built url to the news item
> body, -- the full news text you may want to abbreviate here
> member_name AS author, -- member name on gborg of author
> submit_date -- date not datetime :(
> FROM project_news, project, member
> WHERE (project_news.project_id=project.project_id)
> AND (project_news.member_id=member.member_id)
> AND (project_news.active=true)
> AND (project_news.on_homepage=true)
> ORDER BY submit_date DESC
> LIMIT 10;

Okay. I will need a sample db table table if you want me to test it.
Else I don't physically have where to run the query :D

Or perhaps I do the script, leave it on my webspace and let you/Marc or
Dave to try this out. That would work for me, I don't really need any
further access. Without the db I can
still do the script ready to run but I cannot test if the query returns
what we would expect or not.

Thanks again for your support,
cheers
David Costa