Re: [SQL] pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dronamraju Rajesh <drajesh80(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
Date: 2000-10-26 15:00:24
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Dronamraju Rajesh <drajesh80(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I have installed postgres 6.5.1 on my RedHat Linux
> box. The installation went smooth without any
> problems. Now when i run initdb I got errors.

> Adding template1 database to pg_database...
> ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse
> "template1"

Hm. I think the most likely cause is that you are using library files
(global.bki etc) that are not for the same version of Postgres as your
executable is. The error message looks like there is some confusion
about which column is which in pg_database, which is quite possible if
the executable and .bki files don't match.

In any case, it's a little bit silly to be installing 6.5.1 today.
I'd suggest removing all trace of Postgres from your machine and then
making a fresh installation of Postgres 7.0.2 (or wait a couple days
for 7.0.3).