Re: PG crash on simple query

From: "Maksim Likharev" <mlikharev(at)aurigin(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG crash on simple query
Date: 2003-06-29 19:18:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any way to see what really happened?
I mean more exhausted debug info.
It seems like other server running same PG 7.3 and more or less
identical hardware is not affected by that.

Info starts here:

--main table
CREATE TABLE prod.t_documents (
documentid int4 NOT NULL,
docid char(16) NOT NULL,
documentnum char(12) NOT NULL,
issue date,
file date,
sections int4,
section1 varchar(20),
language char(3),
filter char(3),
CONSTRAINT pk_t_documentd PRIMARY KEY (documentid)
) WITH OIDS;

number of rows: 20000000

--ref table
CREATE TABLE prod.t_refs (
documentid int4 NOT NULL,
docid char(16)) NOT NULL
) WITH OIDS;

number of rows: 45000000

t_tempdocs (char(16))

Log:

LOG: server process (pid 2004) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
WARNING: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
FATAL: The database system is in recovery mode
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2003-06-29 12:41:26 EDT
LOG: checkpoint record is at D/F899DBE0
LOG: redo record is at D/F899DBE0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction id: 16135; next oid: 345209319
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at D/F899DC20
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: database system is ready