Re: Within CF app, "Bug Fixes" should be "Bug Fixes/Refactoring"

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Within CF app, "Bug Fixes" should be "Bug Fixes/Refactoring"
Date: 2015-11-07 12:25:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/6/15 11:34 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Michael Paquier
>>> I guess I'm wondering whether there's really enough of this to need
>>> its own category.
>>
>> We have a category "Code comments" as well. Let's give it a shot so I
>> am adding it. We could always remove it later if necessary.
>
> Ugh, OK, whatever. That sounds like we have too many categories.

Btw., the reason I added the Bug Fixes category a while back was that I
felt that bug fixes have a slightly different process to them:

1. One might feel that bug fixes should be dealt with before new features.

2. There often isn't much "do we want this" discussion needed for bugs,
only verification of the code.

I think that was kind of successful.