[Pljava-dev] Mac OS X expertise needed

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Mac OS X expertise needed
Date: 2015-11-06 15:22:31
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

Daniel at Hopla Software has opened a PL/Java issue about
building with Maven on OS X 10.11.1 :

https://github.com/tada/pljava/issues/63

>From the details he has posted, I am sure it must be something
simple about the options being passed to the OS X build toolchain -
the linker is complaining about what looks like every single symbol
being unresolved *including those defined in the PL/Java code
itself*!

But I have no experience with quirks of the OS X toolchain, and
I have no El Capitan machine to experiment with.

It looks like the PostgreSQL 9.4.4 instance he is building against
is a dual-architecture build (pg_config reports "-arch i386 -arch
x86_64"), which may or may not be a factor. The g++ linker errors
say specifically "Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:".
(Before you think "oh, that's easy then": the gcc compiler command
being generated does say "-arch x86_64".)

Does this issue ring any bells for anyone?

Thanks,
-Chap