Re: pgxs/config/missing is... missing

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgxs/config/missing is... missing
Date: 2015-10-30 02:22:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 10/29/15 5:31 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> >even after explicitly exporting PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl
> Hrm. I have this code in the pgTAP Makefile:
>
> ifndef PERL
> PERL := $(shell which perl)
> endif
>
> Could that be causing the problem?

That doesn't help because PGXS defines PERL:

# Perl

ifneq (,)
# quoted to protect pathname with spaces
PERL = ''
else
PERL = $(missing) perl
endif

On a system where configure could find perl, that first line is:

ifneq (/opt/local/bin/perl,)

So instead of checking ifndef, I'm thinking it should check ifeq($PERL,).

>> >I see that there is a config/missing script in source, and that Makefile.global.in references it:

>> >Any ideas why it's not being installed, or why the PGXS Makefile is ignoring/over-riding $PERL?
> That I surely don’t know.:-(

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about it, but this patch at
least installs the file.

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch.diff text/plain 536 bytes