Re: LOAD not updating object in session

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Graeme Hinchliffe <graeme(dot)hinchliffe(at)zeninternet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LOAD not updating object in session
Date: 2004-08-17 16:47:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Graeme Hinchliffe <graeme(dot)hinchliffe(at)zeninternet(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> It didn't dump core for me, it was quite happy :) I would guess because
> I have a function called trigf loaded in memory?

No; the lack of a V1 macro referencing testtrig would definitely cause
the backend to call testtrig using V0 conventions, in other words fcinfo
will not be passed. It could be that the indirection through a garbage
value of fcinfo happens to land on valid memory in your compilation.
(I did not get a core dump either when compiling on HPUX, but I have not
bothered to chase down why not.)

I don't know of any reason for RHL 9 to work differently from RHL 8 in
this regard. Can anyone else duplicate the problem?

BTW, given the testtrig/trigf confusion ... is it possible you were