Re: Release of CVEs

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release of CVEs
Date: 2015-10-11 17:54:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/11/2015 04:54 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> The release notes for the new version reference some CVEs that
> have not been publically released yet. Are they slow, or is
> this something that needs to be added to the release
> process checklist?

These days MITRE is lagging 2-6 weeks behind publication for getting
CVEs on their website. That's why I didn't bother to link them from the
announcement.

I don't know that there's anything the PostgreSQL project can do about
it. If anyone on this list is connected with MITRE, please ask them
what they need to be more prompt.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.