Windows PostgreSQL and PgAdmin3 Open Source Installers

From: Alexey Slaykovsky <a(dot)slaykovsky(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: magnus(at)hagander(dot)net, o(dot)bartunov(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Windows PostgreSQL and PgAdmin3 Open Source Installers
Date: 2015-10-08 14:43:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, hackers!
We haven't find how was EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL built for Windows OS. So
we choose to build PostgreSQL and PgAdmin3 on ours own and publish our
results for community.
Sources and patches are living here:
https://github.com/postgrespro/pgwininstall
PostgreSQL builds with nls (libintl), libxml2, libxslt, Python, Perl,
uuid, zlib and iconv. All dependencies except Perl and Python are
building from source code.
Now that build have no additional extensions such as PostGIS or
pg_repack but there are plans to add it to build. In addition we have no
processed upgrade scenario from EnterpriseDB build of PostgreSQL.
We hope interested in Windows community will link up to develop these
scripts on github.
For example, we have fresh 9.4.5 built by these scripts so you can try
it here: https://yadi.sk/d/T0PCWguBja8o5