Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2015-09-25 17:13:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/25/2015 10:11 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> > I do not know how much emphasis the project should place on point #2.
> > By definition, fixing that will not return any direct benefit to us.
>
> I would argue that there is some benefit for us in terms of advocacy.
>

> There are also some negatives in terms of advocacy.

I know we are just being thorough here but I think the idea that there
are negatives in the transparency of our project is simply untrue. The
only argument I can think of is, "Well then people are going to know
everything that is broken." To which I respond, "Good, that is a net
positive".

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564