Re: BUG #13628: System Hangs During Update Query

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: manoj(dot)sagar(at)globallogic(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #13628: System Hangs During Update Query
Date: 2015-09-21 21:59:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 09/21/2015 12:57 AM, manoj(dot)sagar(at)globallogic(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference: 13628
> Logged by: manoj kumar
> Email address: manoj(dot)sagar(at)globallogic(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> Operating system: OpenSuse
>
> Hi I am running an update command on the postgress ,the query is quite long
> so sometimes my system hangs up during this command and we have to restart
> the postgres as a workaround .WE are not able to locate the problem so
> please help us in this scenario,we have checked the pg_stats_activity and
> pg_locks also but no information could be fetched about the issue

First of all, this is unlikely to be a bug, and thus this is the wrong
place. Please use the pgsql-general list. If needed sign up here:

http://www.postgresql.org/list/).

Second, there is not nearly enough information here for anyone to help
you. Please read the information here *prior* to posting on pgsql-general:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

HTH,

Joe

--