Re: Streaming Replication clusters and load balancing

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)lisasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming Replication clusters and load balancing
Date: 2015-09-21 21:53:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/17/2015 07:27 PM, James Sewell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have recently been working with PostgreSQL and HAProxy to provide
> seamless load balancing to a group of database servers. This on it's own
> isn't a hard thing: I have an implementation finished and am now
> thinking about the best way to bring it to a production ready state
> which could be used by others, and used in load-balancers other than
> HAProxy with minimal config changes.

Funny, I've been working on this exact problem today to add to the
Patroni project: https://github.com/zalando/patroni

My solution will depend on patroni's included HTTP access, though, so
I'm not sure it will work for you. Anyway, this isn't a topic for
pgsql-hackers mailing list, so reply offlist if you want to discuss further.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.