Re: Alternative Serial

From: "Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha" <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alternative Serial
Date: 2007-03-11 15:08:59
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-sql

Yes you are right, I means sequences.

The second way is better for me that have Id (PK) fields not defined as
Sequences. Now it is much more difficult to change the type of my PK than
define a Default value. I am just concerned about the consistency of this
sequence. Could you make me more easy ?

And about the cast I have found ?

nextval('mySerial_id'::regclass)

I ask again. What is regclass ? What does it really is.

Ezequias